Month: May 2011
1. Do they carry liability insurance and fidelity bonding in the event that your account is abused or your funds are embezzled? 2. What professional certifications does the advisor have? 3. Does the brokerage firm or clearing firm with whom your advisor domiciles and custodies your account have adequate financial backing in the event […]Read Post
For the past ten years tens of thousands of stockbrokers have left brokerage firms to become independent registered investment advisors. So what’s the difference? Stockbrokers are required to be registered with the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority, a self-regulatory existing under the auspices of the Securities and Exchange Commission. FINRA maintains a comprehensive set of […]Read Post
What happens when a stockbroker or registered investment advisor steals money or securities from a customer’s account? Does this happen often? Unfortunately, the theft of customer monies and investments by stockbrokers and registered investment advisors occurs in less than 1% of all accounts. When theft does happen, getting your money back may not be easy […]Read Post
As the parents of many baby boomers are well into their 70s, 80s, and even 90s, many boomers are worried about protecting their parents’ accounts from wrongful trading activity, or even theft. There is a delicate balancing act between respecting one’s parents’ financial independence and their right to make their own decisions regarding their […]Read Post
Educational Trusts and Family Trusts in New York State are governed by the Prudent Investor Guidelines under §11-2.3 of the Estates, Powers and Trusts law of New York State. This provision, also known as the Prudent Investor Act, requires that accounts be managed so as to avoid the risk of excessive losses. Such accounts should […]Read Post
Have a Question?
"*" indicates required fields
- A Successful Will Contest
- SEC Issues Required Investor Disclosures for Variable Annuities and Variable Life Insurance Contracts
- Airbnb Guest Injuries
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Agrees to $5,000,000 Settlement Fund to Benefit Harmed Investors
- Will Contests – Have You Been Shorted by Trickery Involving a Loved One’s Estate?