The Office of Investor Education
and Advocacy of the United States Securities and Exchange Commission recently issued an Investor
Bulletin entitled, “15
Investment Tips for 2015.” The Bulletin highlights a number of suggestions and warnings,
including the following:
- Check the background of your investment professional – it’s easy and free.
advisors: For FINRA’s BrokerCheck for
- Promises of high returns, with lower risk are a warning sign of possible trouble.
- The need to assure diversification of assets to reduce overall risk in an investment portfolio.
- Active and frequent trading in your account can undermine your overall investment performance.
- Con artists are experts at the art of persuasion over the telephone and utilize a number of
well-tried tricks to pressure investors into investing.
- Social media presents opportunities for fraudsters to lure investors into a wide range of investment
- It can be risky to invest heavily in shares of only one stock.
We offer a free initial consultation to investors, who feel that they have been victimized in the
The Law Offices of Timothy J. O’Connor practices securities law in the Tri-City Capital District of
Albany, Schenectady and Troy. We also represent victimized investors throughout the rest of New York
State, including Buffalo, Binghamton, Rochester, Syracuse, Watertown, Utica, Kingston, Poughkeepsie,
New York City/Manhattan, Long Island, and everywhere in between, as well as in the surrounding
states of Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
Have a Question?
"*" indicates required fields
- A Successful Will Contest
- SEC Issues Required Investor Disclosures for Variable Annuities and Variable Life Insurance Contracts
- Airbnb Guest Injuries
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Agrees to $5,000,000 Settlement Fund to Benefit Harmed Investors
- Will Contests – Have You Been Shorted by Trickery Involving a Loved One’s Estate?