In a recent investor alert, the Financial Industry Regulatory Authority (FINRA) issued an Investor Alert warning investors of the problems associated with non-traded Real
Estate Investment Trusts (REIT’s). The investor alert noted that
these investments could be plagued with numerous problematic features including the following:
- Illiquidity and inability to sell these holdings given the lack of a transparent market
- Long holding periods which can tie up money for eight years or more
- High fees associated with the sale of these products
- Improper characterization of periodic distributions as dividends would in fact earn a mere return of
original investor principal monies invested
We offer a free initial consultation to purchasers of non-traded REIT’s who feel they may have been
taken advantage of. For a free initial consultation, contact the Law
Offices of Timothy J. O’Connor at (518) 426-7700.
Have a Question?
"*" indicates required fields
- A Successful Will Contest
- SEC Issues Required Investor Disclosures for Variable Annuities and Variable Life Insurance Contracts
- Airbnb Guest Injuries
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Agrees to $5,000,000 Settlement Fund to Benefit Harmed Investors
- Will Contests – Have You Been Shorted by Trickery Involving a Loved One’s Estate?