The heightened supervision of complex products:
- The preapproval of the products after the exercise of reasonable due diligence and research, assessing the product for customer suitability.
- Post-approval review to monitor the product for their performance for purposes of a continuing, ongoing suitability assessment.
- Training of Registered Representatives to assure their knowledge of such products, as well as their suitability parameters.
- Ongoing considerations of a customer’s financial sophistication and understanding of the risks of these products.
- Giving due consideration as to whether or not a less complex or costly product could achieve the same objectives for the customer.
NASD Notice to Members 12-03 is an all-encompassing directive designed to protect the investing public from newly-introduced and unconventional complex products that have been introduced to the financial markets over the past several years.
We offer a free consultation to investors who feel they have been improperly-sold complex products.
The Law Offices of Timothy J. O’Connor is one of the only law firms practicing securities law in the Tri-City Capital District of Albany, Schenectady and Troy. We also represent victimized investors throughout the rest of New York State, including Buffalo, Binghamton, Syracuse, Watertown, Utica, Kingston, New York City/Manhattan, Long Island, and everywhere in between, as well as in the surrounding states of Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and New Jersey.