Supervisory Requirements Under NASD Notice to Members 12-03 Relating to Complex Products
The heightened supervision of complex products:
- The preapproval of the products after the exercise of reasonable due diligence and research,
assessing the product for customer suitability.
- Post-approval review to monitor the product for their performance for purposes of a continuing,
ongoing suitability assessment.
- Training of Registered Representatives to assure their knowledge of such products, as well as their
- Ongoing considerations of a customer’s financial sophistication and understanding of the risks of
- Giving due consideration as to whether or not a less complex or costly product could achieve the
same objectives for the customer.
NASD Notice to Members 12-03 is
an all-encompassing directive designed to protect the investing public from newly-introduced and
unconventional complex products that have been introduced to the financial markets over the past several
We offer a free consultation to investors who feel they have been improperly-sold complex products.
The Law Offices of Timothy J. O’Connor is one of the only law firms practicing securities law in the
Tri-City Capital District of Albany, Schenectady and Troy. We also represent victimized investors
throughout the rest of New York State, including Buffalo, Binghamton, Syracuse, Watertown, Utica,
Kingston, New York City/Manhattan, Long Island, and everywhere in between, as well as in the
surrounding states of Massachusetts, Vermont, New Hampshire, Connecticut, and New Jersey.
Have a Question?
"*" indicates required fields
- A Successful Will Contest
- SEC Issues Required Investor Disclosures for Variable Annuities and Variable Life Insurance Contracts
- Airbnb Guest Injuries
- Morgan Stanley Smith Barney Agrees to $5,000,000 Settlement Fund to Benefit Harmed Investors
- Will Contests – Have You Been Shorted by Trickery Involving a Loved One’s Estate?